Mr Greg Armstrong - Principal
Mullumbimby High School is a comprehensive public school that serves a community rich in diversity, talent and character. All MHS staff, students and parents are striving for our learning community to be a place where each student’s engagement and well-being are interrelated to ensure they can achieve their true potential.
The reason I would encourage parents to choose to send their children to Mullumbimby High School would be for the well-developed academic culture for learning, the wide curriculum, diverse learning, sporting and extra-curricular opportunities, highly skilled teachers who are involved in on-going professional learning and a beautiful environment to spend every day to allow our students to fulfil their dreams, reach their goals and become productive and valued members of our community. We are proud of the long tradition of our students achieving academic, creative, performing and sporting excellence within a culture of positive behaviour that is underpinned by our three core values of – Respect, Responsibility and Learning.
My vision is for Mullumbimby High School is to have a powerful learning culture and therefore to be:
- The school of choice for 100% of students from our seven Partner Primary Schools.
- A school where leadership is highly visible and very strong and collaborative.
- A school where the teaching and learning culture is highly valued by students, teachers and parents where expectations are high and teaching and learning is visible. In my vision the teaching and learning is vibrant, dynamic and relevant where students are very engaged and graduate with abundant choice for their future, where staff are highly professional and delivering excellent, high quality, up to date and exciting learning for students.
- A school where student wellbeing and health is integral to all decision and evident by strong student engagement in learning, sport and extra-curricular activities.
- A school that will continue to have strong community links, especially with the parent body but also with our Partner Primary schools and the whole community.
- A school that is a safe and inclusive place where all students know they are important and relationships are nurtured and valued.
We pride ourselves on meeting the individual learning needs of every student by providing them with many opportunities for success. Our extensive range of curriculum and extracurricular programs offered in all key learning areas and sport, challenge and nurture individual student talent.